News | Oct 2017
This post is now closed - thank you to all those that applied.
The Poetry Archive is looking for an Administrator to join our team!
We are seeking a committed and qualified administrator who can provide a comprehensive and professional office management service. This post is initially offered as a part-time role over three days a week. You will be joining a small but committed team and this post is ideal for anyone wanting to provide professional administration services for the Arts sector. The post will be based in Exeter, Devon.
Reports to: Director
Job purpose: To provide comprehensive, professional and effective Administration and coordination of all The Poetry Archive’s processes.
Closing date for applications: 12noon Monday 20 November 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 28 November 2017
- To maintain efficient administration systems and information management services to enable the Director to review all financial and operational business and artistic activities.
- To provide personal administrative support to the Director.
Specific duties and activities:
- Develop and implement effective operational and workflow administration processes in such a way that The Poetry Archive maintains a reputation for efficiency and successful delivery.
- To maintain systems and procedures for all financial and administrative processes to ensure a positive and efficient environment.
- To serve as main point of contact for the office and organisation, dealing with customer and partner enquiries in support of the Director.
- Ensure the Director and other staff have accurate information on recording progress and delivery for reporting to a wide range of stakeholders.
- To revise and maintain central office filing, external archive storage, and other record keeping or administrative systems as necessary.
- To support the Director in any event management, fundraising and development administration activity as necessary.
- Be first point of contact for office and facilities management.
- To maintain office premises in a good state of repair and safety and to manage office supplies, equipment, furniture and utilities.
- To troubleshoot issues with meeting room equipment and ensure all office equipment and services are functioning and to arrange annual maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- To upkeep Office 365 software and database/archiving software as necessary, with training provided, and act as system administrator for Poetry Archive’s Office 365 account
- Maintain all databases and data entry including financial information, ensuring effective and compliant processes are followed.
- To provide event and logistics support, e.g. travel and venue bookings
- To manage inventory of Poetry Archive CD stock
- To ensure all procedures and checked and any queries resolved in liaison with the Director
Shared duties and activities:
- Carry out other duties and activities within the role holder’s capabilities and available working hours to support colleagues in achieving the charity’s goals.
- Actively engage in individual and team professional development activities.
- Make full use of available technology to support effective communications and information management as part of a remotely-based team.
- Actively support and promote The Poetry Archive’s vision, mission and objectives.
- All members of staff are expected to be prepared to work flexibly in response to changing business needs.
- All members of staff are expected to undertake any other responsibilities or tasks that are consistent with their role and/or reasonably required by the Director
- All members of staff are required to operate in accordance with Poetry Archive’s values, policies and procedures.
Summary of terms
- This is a part time employed position contracted to work 3 (24 hours) per week in the first instance, with potential to extend to full time after one year, subject to funding.
- The salary is £20000 per annum pro rata to £12000
- Employment is ongoing
- Annual leave entitlement is the full time equivalent 28 days per year (including 8 days public holidays) pro rata to 12 days per year.
- Working pattern: the role holder is expected to work 8 hours per day, with start and finish times agreed with the Director in advance. We would prefer three consecutive days each week but this is negotiable.
- Travel requirements: this role will include occasional travel within the UK to attend meetings and events, with travel time beyond normal working hours and overnight stays where unavoidable. Pre-approved travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Full terms will be as per the written statement of employment.
- Normal place of work: the organisation is currently a remote working organisation but this role will move to a permanent office base in Exeter, Devon, UK in 2018.
- The Poetry Archive is a small team and the candidate should be able to work on their own initiative.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete and return:
1. Application Form (download here);
2. Enclose a covering Letter that explains why you are applying for the position and how your experience and expertise fits the role;
3. Provide an up-to-date CV which explains any gaps in employment or details of your course if you are newly graduated.
It would be very helpful if you also completed and return the diversity monitoring form, but this is not a requirement. Any information provided on this form will be separated from the application on receipt and stored anonymously for monitoring purposes only. Once you have completed your application documents, please return them for the attention of Administrator at email@example.com.
We will confirm the safe receipt of your application and will contact applicants who have been shortlisted for interview. If you have not heard back from us by December 10th 2017 you must assume you have not been successful at this stage. We are sorry but we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in Exeter.